Saturday, January 12, 2013

Restless

This post has been a long time coming - I've had exams and it's been bugging me so much that I shouldn't really be spending my time blogging but it's all I can think about so I'm giving in. A lot has happened, I guess it became 2013 which is a big one. I also got a fringe and 4 inches cut off my hair on the 31st of December for a new year new start kind of thing.

Before the new year, I watched this two part programme called Restless and in the second part she goes to this desert-y type place and I wish I could have screencapped it all to put here. I couldn't understand most of the storyline because I'm kind of simple and had to keep asking what on earth was going on to the point where I gave up trying to figure it out and just absorbed the 70s goodness of everything. I haven't been able to shake those sort of yellow hues and muted colours from my brain and along with seeing the Chanel pre-fall I have been in aesthetic overload. 


Chanel pre-fall 2013 from style.com in all it's Harris tweed scottish wonderfullness.


Tumblr, Zanna Van Orstenborsch in Issue 15 of Lula.


Nouvelle Vague - Bullett Magazine Fall/Winter 12/13, The Virgin Suicides by Corinne Day.


No sources for any of these, sorry.


No source, The Craft.


No Source.


No Sources.


No Source.


No Sources.




No Sources.


No Sources.



Crazy for you - Best Coast.

I went to the Salvation Army this morning dressed inspired by both of these in a kilt I got from eBay for £7, a top from Etsy which was £11 and a myriad of necklaces. I bought a crystal pendant from eBay for £2.50 and put it on a chain and I'm wearing a couple others from odd places as well.



The celt symbol one is from my parents' shop, the ring I pt on a chain is from a charity shop. I think it was £1.


I wouldn't have cropped the picture on the left so much but there was some stuff on the floor and it was irritating me. Then it looked too thin so I added the two pictures at the side.

I will probably blog tomorrow as well because there is so much I want to say. I may be doing a giveaway, also.

Hollie


17 comments:

  1. I love the Chanel show. The theme is so nice. I'm feeling the Plaid vibes. Also your outfit is really really awesome. Love the kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kilt and your necklaces are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your outfit with the white top and really nice necklaces. the tights in the chanel collection are great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. you are amazing and perfect and i love everything you do just. so much.
    2. The Kate Moss picture is from the latest Lula magazine.
    Please never stop being amazing because I don't know what I'd do without your blog in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gahh the whole outfit is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gahh as predicated, this post is fab! You have such an eye for aesthetics. I always wear my hair that same way for school; ponytail, ribbon and short fringe. I feel like Sandy from Grease!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh your outfit looks so divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your necklaces! They're wonderful; as is your outfit.

    Heather :)
    http://aesthetic-junkie-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is so pretty and quaint... very English looking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this outfit. It is one of the best outfits I've ever seen because I'm totally obsessing over all things checked after the Chanel show which was so beautiful <3

    http://thechicmuse000.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. JESUS YOU LOOK SOOOOOOO PERFECT and all the vibes are absolutely INFREAKINGCREDIBLE. P.S. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://psychedelicdaisy.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to tell you I LOVE your blog! Seriously I am like super envious of like all your clothes and stuff..and its not offen I say that! Also I saw those God is love photos on rookie and they are like the coolest thing...Im going to have to see it one day.
    anyhoo thanks

    http://seriouslywak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k_WiOaA2znM/UPFhuTRGboI/AAAAAAAAC6g/OTwbBI2yGVo/s640/tumblr_mdljn6ILcd1qi84vxo1_500.png

    It's from "3 Women", pretty awesome movie)

    Maki [http://dinosaurvsshark.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah man so much wardrobe envy!

    ReplyDelete